The page took forever to load, so I've copied the text below
My darling Dad has died. I loved him to the ends of the earth and he loved me back just the same. These are the lessons he taught me, I will keep them close to my heart and remind myself of them whenever I stumble or falter. They are his words; the words spoke so often to encourage, comfort and reassure. This isn’t general wisdom, rather advice that he tailor made just for me. I love you Dad.
1) Laugh. There’s humour to be found everywhere, even your darkest days there’s something to have a joke about. Laugh long and loud and make other people laugh. It’s good for you.
2) Be yourself. If someone doesn’t like you they’re either stupid , blind, or they’ve got bad taste. Accept who you are, you’ve got no one else to be. Don’t try to change yourself, there’s no point. Don’t apologise. Don’t make excuses. Be yourself and if anyone else doesn’t like it they can f*ck off.
3) Be flamboyant, it’s who you are and always have been. Be eccentric and unique. Don’t try to adapt yourself to someone else’s view of normal. That belongs to them, not you. Like yourself as who you are.
4) Don’t worry about other people’s opinions. Everyone’s a critic, but ultimately what they say only matters if you let it. Don’t believe your own press. People can just as easily sing your praises as they can tear you down. Don’t waste your time on things you can’t change. Let it slide off you like water off a duck’s back.
5) Get angry, it’s ok to lose your temper now and then. If anger stays in, it turns to poison and makes you bitter and sad. Get angry, say your peace, then let it go.
6) What ever you do, always give it a good go. Don’t be afraid of failure and disappointment. If you fall flat on your face then get straight back up. You’ll always regret not trying. Disappointment is temporary, regret is forever.
7) Be generous and kind because you can’t take it with you. When you’ve got something to give, give it without hesitation.
8) Appreciate beauty, take pictures and make memories. Capture it, you never know when it’ll be gone.
9) Don’t take yourself too seriously. People who take themselves too seriously are boring.
10) Never, ever, ever, ever give up. Keep on punching no matter what your up against. You’re only defeated if you give up, so don’t give up.
11) Love with all your heart. In the end, love is the only thing that matters.
Hope the storms pass you by.ReplyDelete
Hey Tony, hope today has been good to you and that tomorrow will be too. Had a trawl around your site and after reading the 'spread awareness' section, felt compelled to post it onto my facebook page...Keep up the good work. I am full of admiration for the way you are facing up to the disease...truly inspirational...weebobbycollins.ReplyDelete
Pretty sound advice from Rosa there. Her dad will be proud of her.ReplyDelete
I have been wasting time tonight watching more football but thought I'd come on here and see what's happening when I saw your new post. You keep managing to find good stuff to bring to our attention.
Hey Tony, Very impressed with your site. Dropped in response to request by your Dad, but will be a regular visitor from now on. You are inspirational friend so from one Tony to another Hail Hail & best wishesReplyDelete